NSC is a leading Alpine Ski Race Club located in Auckland, New Zealand.
We provide international quality alpine race training programs and race/event support for ski racers of all age groups and abilities. We are a small club where athletes get cut though to excellent training opportunities.
- Inspirational coaches
- Excellence in training opportunities
- Individual development plans for each athlete
- More time on snow
- More mountains – more skills
- Fitness programmes – stronger athletes
- Great team atmosphere for parents and athletes
- Lifelong skiers
NSC is a not for profit organisation focused on great outcomes for our athletes. The club is managed by a team of dedicated Coaches, Administrators, Snow Sports Program Managers, Volunteers and Coordinators who have local and international qualifications and experience. NSC’s particular focus is on providing high quality alpine race training and competition opportunities for aspiring and experienced alpine ski racers, delivered in a collaborative and supportive family club type environment. Enjoyment, fun, camaraderie, safety, technical progression, advancement, athlete commitment and success are part of our core values.
What makes NSC different?
- NSC is a Ski Race Club with a ‘Team’ spirit.
- We are a not for profit Incorporated Society.
- Affiliated to Snow Sports New Zealand and Official Alpine Member that provides training with an official Race Organising Committee (ROC) that is tasked with the responsibility of organising and running SSNZ race events.
- We deliver a supportive and positive team atmosphere that is promoted and nurtured at all times. We are not a commercial privateer – our sole purpose and focus is on athlete development and their enjoyment of the sport.
- Training with NSC includes dryland, mental focus work and technical drills, Video analysis.
- Short, medium and long term goals for each athlete will be monitored with the Coaches.
- NSC trains and races on mountain throughout the NZ winter season and during the School Holidays.
- More advanced skills will be taught as the individual progresses and advances.
- Full Race day coaching and support.
Mt Hutt – Team Hutt & Chris Mosaed
NSC has partnered with Team Hutt for the season 2021. The training season starts 19th June.
Building Better Bodies – Matt Thomson
Matt Thompson leads the NSC physical training programme at Just Work Out Gym, Barry’s Point Road Takapuna. Individual and Team programs are available.