1. Personal information
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and includes the individual’s name, address, email address, and telephone numbers. We collect information about you whenever you interact with us, for example when you book some coaching or enter a race.
We may store personal information we collect in any format we choose at the home or work locations of committee members or coaches, including data storage facilities or online storage located within or outside New Zealand, which may be operated by independent service contractors.
2. Purposes for which we use your personal information
Personal information we collect and hold may be used by NSC:
• to administer training and race programmes that you or your child may be enrolled in or that may be suitable to you or your child
• to market and promote NSC to similar people
• to comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use personal information (as applicable):
• for contacting you regarding NSC
• for internal business purposes such as invoicing and receipting, making payments to you or on your behalf and debt recovery (which may involve disclosing information to debt collectors)
• for specific purposes we tell you about or you authorise.
We may not be able to provide you with the information or other services you require if you do not provide us with necessary personal information when requested to do so.
3. Legal basis for the collection of your personal information
We process your personal information based on your written or oral consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
We may need to disclose personal information to third parties (including other entities or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf, such as information technology and data storage providers). We may disclose personal information if:
• it is required or authorised by you
• it is required by law (including the laws of any foreign jurisdiction).
5. Contacting NSC
6. Updates to this policy